Keep resin from spilling out

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Penny Wells

I want to pour resin into a bezel with a lace edge so the resin will spill out. Any ideas how I can seal the edges when I pour then take it off? Thanks.
      Penny

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Penny, that’s going to be tricky! You can use masking tape, but I can’t guarantee the resin won’t seep out a little bit and stain the lace. You could try dripping hot wax onto the lace. Resin won’t stick to it, but the wax will probably stain the lace. Hmm. Maybe there is a sewing hack that could work here??

Lizza

Hi Penny,
      Do you thin you could give us a picture of the bezel? It’ll help us come up with suggestions!

Penny Wells

I’m not sure how to add an image here. I tried cut and paste and it didn’t work. I am technically ignorant.
      Penny

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

These are Penny’s bezels:

lace edge bezels

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Thanks for sharing the picture. That helps a lot!

You can either:

1. Put tape around the lace part of the bezel. If you do a good job and make sure it is secure all the way around, your resin won’t run out. (I like to use good quality masking tape.)

2. If these are a standard size, like 1 inch wide, you can always make the resin cabochons in a mold, then glue them into your bezels after demolding.

Let us know how it works out!

Penny Wells

Thank you, I just ordered them and will give it a try.
      Penny

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Keep resin from spilling out’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube