Mini Embroidery Pendant Help

• This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Rhonda J Hunter.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      hcclds

I’ve been on a cross stitch jag lately, and would love to somehow turn my little creations into pendants. My finished cross stitch pieces are about 1″ square, and I’ve been trying to figure out a way to mount them into the bezels made by Sweet Beads “Fundamental Findings” since that’s what I have available to me. The clear domes that come with the bezels don’t fit because of the thickness of the cross stitch fabric plus the thread; however, the art still sits below the rim of the bezel without the dome. The uneven thickness of the piece from the threads in the back means that it’s not lying completely flat against the inside of the bezel, so I’m worried about it floating and air bubbles. I tried diamond glaze, but it reacted with the metal and turned the edges bluish green! It also created a surface that was sunken in. So, with all of that in mind:
      1) How would I go about adhering the cross stitch piece to the inside of the bezel so it lays flat and prevents any air bubbles from getting trapped behind the piece?
      2) What can I use that won’t react with the metal?
      3) What should I use to encapsulate the cross stitch piece inside of the bezel, and how would I go about using it?

Just a disclaimer: I’m a beginner and I also live in Hawaii, so certain chemicals and products can’t be shipped here, which limits me to things readily available at craft stores. I’m also not totally stuck on using a bezel, so any and all ideas are welcome!
      Thanks in advance!

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Were you wanting to put resin over your cross stitch pieces?

hcclds

Yes please!

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

I don’t have any personal experience with this, but Carmi on the I Love Resin blog has a great video on the topic that should help you. http://iloveresin.blogspot.ca/2016/03/free-online-resin-workshop.html

Rhonda J Hunter

I had this problem with a piece of lace. My fix – I used the glaze on the front side and let dry. Flip over and do back side. When dry, use a little resin just to even out the bumps on the back and leave no space for bubbles. Use small amount of resin in bezel for glue, place your piece in the bezel, pressing down to spread glue underneath, and displace possible bubbles, cover with resin.
      I tried to insert a picture of my result. but can’t get it to work.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Mini Embroidery Pendant Help’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube