wax and resin

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

This question comes through email by Rhonda:

I saw a chandelier in NY that had dripping wax all over it. The most cool thing I’ve ever seen. I ask the clerk and she said white wax and resin. I want to duplicate it. Can you help me out. I need to go back and see if I can find my picture of it. HELP.
      Namaste!

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Mixed resin will not stick to wax. You are going to have to cast the resin chandelier drops, then apply the wax. You should be able to dip the cured resin pieces in wax and allow the wax to drip off to recreate that effect.

Rhonda Corley

If I am working with a Chandelier (no lights). What is a “cured resin Piece?” Are you saying that I should dip/apply the chandelier with the resin first as a base coat and then drip the resin onto it? Also, I was able to touch the hand dipped piece of art so was under the impression that the wax was somehow in the mixture. Would it have been possible to add some white paint of sorts to make it look like wax? I wish I had a picture. It looked fragile but was under the impression that it was not. THANKS

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

I’m having a hard time envisioning what you are trying to do. Do you have any links of anything similar you can share?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The topic ‘wax and resin’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube