Resin Obsession – Resin Art, Crafts & Jewelry Supplies › Forums › Resin finishing › acrylic coating spray
- This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 years, 4 months ago by Penny.
- July 29, 2016 at 2:48 pm #6081DianaGuest
I’ve tried finishing my pieces by coating with resin but found it very messy and uneven. Can I spray with the Krylov acrylic coating spray instead and will that be fairly even? Or do I need to spray with resin spray?
- July 30, 2016 at 10:59 am #6082Katherine SwiftKeymaster
I think the Krylon spray is worth a try.
- February 4, 2017 at 2:54 pm #7804Melissa GrahamGuest
Did you end up trying the krylon? I am debating the same option but I’m worried the spray won’t stick to the resin and will peel over time
- February 10, 2017 at 10:54 am #7864PennyGuest
I have used Rust-o-leam acrylic spray on resin, it does stick fine and it provides a durable finish, even in the outdoors, but it dulls the resin a bit.