Add flowers, folliage and gold leaf to my resin without affecting the surface

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Jess

Hey guys,

I’ve added glitter to some of my creations and even in the past added some foliage like dried flowers and other things to small pendants and bracelets, but I was wondering how you guys manage to get a smooth edge so it doesnt either ruin the surface of the pendant/other. In other words, how do you get the filling stuff to stay below the resin surface?

Or does it just come down to sanding it really well for a good clean and smooth surface?

This is an example I have – https://www.instagram.com/p/BrEcwpxnyAI/ all of these look incredibly smooth and the surface doesn’t look affected.

Thanks!

Jess

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Jess,

I’m betting those surfaces aren’t sanded. They are likely the ones that are touching the mold when the resin is poured. The artist has probably sanded the back however.

From my years of selling jewelry, very few people focused on the back as much as the front. It’s been my experience that as long as you make sure the back is even (no sharp edges, flowers sticking out, etc.), they won’t notice where a flower might have stuck out before you sanded.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The topic ‘Add flowers, folliage and gold leaf to my resin without affecting the surface’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube