Alumilite Polyurethane Resin with Resin Obession Bright Color Pigment

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Dustin Perry

I am finally getting my process finalized and the results are where I want them. However, I have ordered your color pigments for epoxy resin and now have alumilite clear slow with their pigments. At this point, I will likely only use the Alumilite as I have gotten much better results. The colors on the other hand were much better with the epoxy colorants sold by you. Have you used the epoxy resin colorants with a polyurethane resin such as alumilite clear? I’m am hoping I didn’t buy the full set only to waste at this point.

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Dustin, I have not used the Resin Obsession pigments with polyurethane resin. In general, polyurethane resins only work well with colors designed specifically for them. Sadly, I don’t think they will work.

If you do try, would you mind letting me know your results?

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

In general, colors meant for epoxy or polyester will work in another brand’s epoxy and polyester, although the final color may vary. I did a few experiments on it here: https://www.resinobsession.com/tag/experiments

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Alumilite Polyurethane Resin with Resin Obession Bright Color Pigment’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube