Amine Blush?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anna

Hi there! for two months now, everything I make, gets an amine blush effect. it’s like a foam wavy effect (but flat, barely touchable) on the center of the piece. It first started with the doming on my shakers, then on trays, paintings, even simple coasters.
      I changed 3 brands of resin (2 casting and 1 coating) and I get the same result.
      I’ve read and used everyting I Found online, but nothing helps.
      room at 22-25 Celsius, dehumidifier, very careful and slow mixing, super percise at ratio… I use wooden stirring sticks and paper cups.
      did an expreriment yesterday and found out that rubbing alcohol and acetone make the effect worse (I use them to clean my plastic sheet for shakers) but even when I pour just resin with no color, no powders, I still get the same!!tried every possible combination that I could think.
      I thought maybe moisture contamination , but the last batch of resin is brand new!! Can you please help me??

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Anna,

I’m sorry this is happening to you. Do you happen to be using your breath to pop bubbles? That’s where I’ve found my amine blush problems.

We have another discussion in our forum that might help you as well: https://www.resinobsession.com/forums/topic/foggy-surface-finish-possibly-amine-blush-help/

Anna

Hi Katherine, thank you for your quick answer 🙂
      I’m thinking that blowing with my mouth is what I do when making waves at coasters and stuff… But I don’t blow at shakers when doming. Read the other (very helpful!) articles but I’ve tried them all.. any other thoughts?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Amine Blush?’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube