Resin Obsession – Resin Art, Crafts & Jewelry Supplies › Forums › How Can I…? › Applying Resin with a Brush?
- This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 months, 1 week ago by Gaylene.
- April 22, 2019 at 1:42 am #38879Felicity HandleyGuest
Hi! Total newbie here.
Is it possible to apply resin like you would nail polish or varnish with a brush?
I want to use pva glue and water to apply a printed image around a straw and then apply some kind of hard, clear finish to secure the printed paper to the straw. Can I put the straw on a skewer and apply resin with a small nail-polish-like brush and leave to dry? Or Alternatively can I use a spray?
- April 23, 2019 at 5:09 pm #38969Katherine SwiftKeymaster
In situations like this, I like to use a foam brush. You can find them in the paint section of home improvement stores.
- April 27, 2019 at 5:11 am #39232Felicity HandleyGuest
Thanks for writing back so promptly 🙂 a new question here, same technique using a foam brush but on a small ziplock bag (like a tiny sandwich bag) Can resin adhere to plastic? I’ve been using mod podge to dome a small zip-lock bag, maybe it’s just because it’s mod podge but maybe it’s because it’s plastic. It cracks and peels off, do you think will resin do the same?
- December 25, 2019 at 8:37 pm #83168GayleneGuest
Will epoxy used on a painted bathroom sink be water proof? Can the epoxy be put on with a sponge brush? Thank you for your expert opinion.