Applying Resin with a Brush?

Resin jewelry making resin art supplies Forums How Can I…? Applying Resin with a Brush?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Katherine Swift 3 weeks, 1 day ago.

• Author

Felicity Handley

Hi! Total newbie here.
    Is it possible to apply resin like you would nail polish or varnish with a brush?
    I want to use pva glue and water to apply a printed image around a straw and then apply some kind of hard, clear finish to secure the printed paper to the straw. Can I put the straw on a skewer and apply resin with a small nail-polish-like brush and leave to dry? Or Alternatively can I use a spray?

• #38969 Reply

Katherine Swift
    Keymaster

Hi Felicity,

In situations like this, I like to use a foam brush. You can find them in the paint section of home improvement stores.

• #39232 Reply

Felicity Handley

Thanks for writing back so promptly 🙂 a new question here, same technique using a foam brush but on a small ziplock bag (like a tiny sandwich bag) Can resin adhere to plastic? I’ve been using mod podge to dome a small zip-lock bag, maybe it’s just because it’s mod podge but maybe it’s because it’s plastic. It cracks and peels off, do you think will resin do the same?
      Felicity

Reply To: Applying Resin with a Brush?
Your information: