Applying Resin with a Brush?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Felicity Handley

Hi! Total newbie here.
      Is it possible to apply resin like you would nail polish or varnish with a brush?
      I want to use pva glue and water to apply a printed image around a straw and then apply some kind of hard, clear finish to secure the printed paper to the straw. Can I put the straw on a skewer and apply resin with a small nail-polish-like brush and leave to dry? Or Alternatively can I use a spray?

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Felicity,

In situations like this, I like to use a foam brush. You can find them in the paint section of home improvement stores.

Felicity Handley

Thanks for writing back so promptly 🙂 a new question here, same technique using a foam brush but on a small ziplock bag (like a tiny sandwich bag) Can resin adhere to plastic? I’ve been using mod podge to dome a small zip-lock bag, maybe it’s just because it’s mod podge but maybe it’s because it’s plastic. It cracks and peels off, do you think will resin do the same?
        Felicity

Katherine Swift
          Keymaster

The resin should not stick to the plastic bag.

Gaylene

Will epoxy used on a painted bathroom sink be water proof? Can the epoxy be put on with a sponge brush? Thank you for your expert opinion.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Applying Resin with a Brush?’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube