Beginner questions about EasyCast resin

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

This question comes from Sandra:

i just read a blog (from you guys) saying what type of resin to use, mu question about this is about adding coloring and about mold release spray.

I am using EasyCast clear casting epoxy.. what can i use to color my resin before i pour?

Also, I am very concerned about my work getting ruined by getting stuck in its mold and ruining either or both of product and mold in he process of removing it. Can you please let me know what seems to be the best that works with this specific Epoxy?

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Colorants designed specifically for resin work the best. Even better, are ones also made by the same manufacturer. That way, you can be assured the colors have been tested with the resin and should color and cure as expected. We have the Castin’ Craft colors made to go in the EasyCast resin in our shop here: https://shop.resinobsession.com/collections/colorants/eti

As for mold releases, we have several in our shop as well: https://shop.resinobsession.com/collections/tools-and-supplies/mold-release If you are only using plastic molds, the Castin’ Craft mold release and conditioner (first row, in the middle) will be sufficient. Otherwise, if you are working with plastic and silicone molds, the Petrolease and Ultra 4 on those pages are good for both. Any of these mold releases work with EasyCast and many other kinds of resin.

Good luck!

John

Can this resin be used on tiles to stop a shower leaking?

Katherine Swift
        Keymaster

I probably wouldn’t. I don’t know how well the resin would hold up with constant water exposure.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Beginner questions about EasyCast resin’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube