Best All Purpose Mold Release

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Betsy Kristl

I’m looking forward to trying some resin projects I’ve had in mind for years now and want to be sure I have everything I need before I start. I will be trying different things for molds and would love to learn that there is a single mold release that works well for both epoxy and polyester resin in silicone and plastic molds (I’ll also be trying latex, metals, and pvc, among other things). I want to use the best products possible, but since I’ll be doing a lot of experimenting, cost is an issue. Ideas?

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster
      Sarah

Can anyone recommend one for UK crafters? I have looked into loads of silicone sprays and lubricants but no-one can say whether or not they can be used with resin and silicone moulds. Please help! Thank you in advance 😊

Jane Clemmer

Hi: I have made my own metal molds (unique shapes) using aluminum thin sheeting. The molds have turned out fine but now I am curious. Can I use baby oil or petroleum jelly (vaseline) instead of a spray as the mold release (or any other options)? I have never used Amazing Clear Cast so this is a newbie question (in fact, I have never used any resin before). Thanks for your help.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Best All Purpose Mold Release’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube