Breastmilk charm bead… where to start??

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      mattie

I am looking to make a pandora style bead made of breastmilk with some pigment, but i can not for the life of me figure out where to start. I know i need the resin and such, but how do i form it to a bead with a big hole? and how do i put the metal eyelets in also?

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Mattie,

We have a few Pandora style bead molds here: https://shop.resinobsession.com/collections/molds/bead

A couple of the styles are sold out, but we are expecting more shortly.

The metal eyelets are sold separately. We don’t carry them, but I have seen several sellers on Etsy. If you search for ‘metal eyelets for European style beads’ (or something similar) you should find them. A little bit of mixed resin will make a great adhesive to keep your eyelets in place.

Good luck!

Sherry

I am only finding resins that can be used with solids. How does one mix a liquid in and have it set? Also, how to prevent yellowing?

Katherine Swift
        Keymaster

Hi Sherry, unfortunately you don’t. Resins don’t like moisture. You won’t be able to use milk in its liquid form and have it cure in resin.

As for yellowing, unfortunately, all resins are going to yellow over time. Resins with UV inhibitors and stabilizers help extend the time before yellowing occurs. However, things such as mixing off ratio (even though it still can cure without tackiness), putting over an improperly cured lacquer, excessive heat, and or constant exposure to sunlight can speed up the yellowing process. How long the epoxy will last in its clear state is very difficult to predict.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Breastmilk charm bead… where to start??’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube