Broken Globe

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Carrie

Sooo….my daughter and neice, a pair of precious little tornadoes, were playing around my husband’s Kalifano globe. Regardless of the billion times I have told them not to play with it and as things usually go with small children and nice things, they knocked it over. Boom, bang , crack……it now has cracks all over and a large chunk has fallen off. Luckly, none of the stones have cracked…its like their made of stone or something.
      My question is, can i repair this with resin? I know ill need to glue the broken piece back but i’d like for it to be smooth again. I’ve come to grips with the fact that it will most likely never look the same again but if i can at least give it a smooth finish and (fingers crossed) fill in the major cracks, I’d be happy. It is a beautiful globe and I would love to continue to have it as a piece in our house (minus a few children, kidding).

Hoping this is salvageable,
      Carrie

Carrie

Also, i fairly sure that it was cast in resin.

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Carrie, you can use a five minute epoxy as a glue to bring the pieces together, but like broken glass, you are going to see lines.

When you bring the pieces together, you will need to smooth out and/or smooth off excess resin to get a smooth finish.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Broken Globe’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube