Cabachons Wont Stay on For Good!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      christina casey

I’m new to making resin jewelery and when it comes out right I absolutely love it. Some people have suggested I sell it. I’d like to but I have a fear in the way.
      I make resin pieces that I then glue on cabachons(glass or plastic) to the piece. A couple of times, as I suspected one hard hit to the cabachon & it pops right off. I know about sanding a little both sides of the resin piece & cabachon, and that i’ll have more luck “fusing” the resin piece with a plastic cabachon but not with glass or precipus stones. I dont want to coat the the whole thing with resin again to seal the cabachon in because I did that & it turned out gloopy & horrible looking. What can I do to ENSURe the cabs dont ever come off? I cant sell something that is liable to fall apart. Please help! Otherwise my pieces just look good in photos & thats it.

Thanks! CC

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

E6000 (in our shop here: https://shop.resinobsession.com/collections/tools-and-supplies/products/e-6000-epoxy-jewelry-adhesive?variant=965320145) or more mixed resin work best. Were you using super glue by chance? When that stuff dries, it turns brittle and can easily break.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The topic ‘Cabachons Wont Stay on For Good!’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube