Can cured Resin melt or ever become toxic again?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Shawn

The reason I ask is because there is a trend of uninformed people making herb grinders out of resin and then selling them to people who also don’t know the hazards of resin. Concern is raised because grinders can chip fairly easily without your knowledge. Let’s say someone was smoking out of a pipe. They unknowingly fill it up with their herb and tiny pieces of chipped cured resin. Then they proceeded to smoke. Will the resin melt/have negative effects on the smoker? If not immediately would it over time?

I’ve assumed it would be, but I couldn’t corroborate or eliminate my assumption online.

Additionally, if you have a Twitter/TikTok, I think a lot of ignorant artist could use your expertise/wisdom!

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Shawn,

I’m glad to hear you are concerned about resin safety. It’s something that is important to me too!

From what I know about resin, I would not consume cured resin. I don’t know what happens, but to be safe, I wouldn’t use resin as an herb grinder.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The topic ‘Can cured Resin melt or ever become toxic again?’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube