Can I Repair a Chip in my Tempered Glass Basin Sink?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Amanda

I just dropped my mug on the edge of my tempered glass sink and it chipped. I’m freaking out a bit about if it can be repaired. Checking around online led me to this forum. My question is, would it be viable to use tempered glass to cover up this chip?

Context:
      1. It’s visible but pretty small. It seems to just be in the very outer layer of glass, and is mostly noticeable because the inner color differs from the outer.
      2. It’s on the edge of the sink, not anywhere where water usually touches.
      3. The color is a very dark amber… I see the amber dye color on this site and it looks like a decent match, but it’s lighter. Is there a good way to ensure a color match?

Sorry if these are beginner questions, but, well, I am a complete beginner.

Thanks for any help!

Amanda

* My question is, would it be viable to use *resin* to cover up this chip, sorry.

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Amanda,

Yes, I would try resin to repair your chip. You can mix and match dyes to get the exact amber color you want. This article will give you some ideas: https://www.resinobsession.com/resin-resin-resin/how-to-mix-colors/

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Can I Repair a Chip in my Tempered Glass Basin Sink?’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube