Can i store resin/hardener with the pump attached and pump cap loosely closed??

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Shannon

i got the resin/hardener in pumps. problem is now i’ll have to store it for some time until next project. pump kit may be good for measuring but after a pumping the tip drips for very long time. i cannot tighten the cap especially on the resin as it will draw into the pump very slowly, and during storage if temp rise it may push more resin out of the pump. on top of that, the hardener already start to crystalise, right at the nozzle tip of the pump after 1 day. it just doesn’t seem right if i were to store them… in a non-air tight container with pump attached. should i ditch the pumps and go back to the good old measuring cup? so i can close the lid tight to store it for months?

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Shannon,

By leaving the pumps on them, you are allowing more air to enter which will cause the hardener to yellow sooner. While it requires more work, I would remove the pumps before storing.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The topic ‘Can i store resin/hardener with the pump attached and pump cap loosely closed??’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube