can I use acrylic paint over totalcast art resin of figurine mold.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      dave

I was originally using a liquid epoxy for my small figurine casts but due to worrying about the harmful toxins and vapours associated with long term use I wanted to switch to a reasonably quick drying safe to use clear epoxy resin. It’s not ideal as it takes a few hours to dry compared to minutes when using liquid poly resin but I have no other option at the moment and I make multiple figurines casts each week. I have since come across Totalcast by Eli Checm and also saw a youtube video demonstration and it seems to be the best epoxy for my requirements. My main issue is painting my figurines. I want to continue using acrylic paints but not sure how well they will take once applied to clear art resin. Should I sand down the figurine then use acrylic primer or can I just paint acrylic primer without sanding down then continue with colours on top of primer?

thanks for any help in advance.

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Dave,

A coat of primer is where I would start. Once you have that on your figurine, you can apply the paints/colors you want.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The topic ‘can I use acrylic paint over totalcast art resin of figurine mold.’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube