Resin Obsession – Resin Art, Crafts & Jewelry Supplies › Forums › Resin Techniques › Can I use UV Resin colors with 2 Part Resin?
- This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 months, 2 weeks ago by Shelly.
- December 20, 2017 at 11:19 pm #11455Tina BlairGuest
I bought some colors thinking they were for regular 2 part resin but they turned out to be for UV resin. I have a ton of 2 part resin but don’t want to spend money on UV resin. Can I use the UV colors in my regular resin? I can’t seem to find anyone who has tried this.
- December 21, 2017 at 8:52 pm #11479Katherine SwiftKeymaster
Hmm. Don’t know, but I think it’s worth a try!
- December 27, 2017 at 5:39 pm #11517Tina BlairGuest
I’m going to try a small test, guess it’s the only way to know. Thanks!
- May 24, 2018 at 10:04 pm #13634Saphira FranklinGuest
Did the UV resin dye work with the regular 2-part epoxy resin? My project requires almost every single color, so I’m looking at the cheap UV resin dyes on Ebay. One of them said not to put the UV resin dye in the sunlight because the color will fade. I guess that wouldn’t be good for regular resin colored with it, as well. What happened to your test in the sunlight
- April 13, 2019 at 12:37 am #38120NanCGuest
I’d like to know the answer too!!
- July 26, 2019 at 7:57 pm #65658ShellyGuest
I would love to know the answer also!!