Castin craft opaque concentrate

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      David Fafford

I recently ordered some opaque castin craft resin dyes. I tested the blue color but it turned out completely transparent I could see right through it. I did a second test and added some white which made it opaque like I originally thought it should look like. Am I supposed to add white to all colors or am I missing something?

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi David, I’m sorry to hear the Castin’ Craft pigments are not working out for you. Have you tried shaking the pigments before using them? Sometimes that brand of color can settle, so it may be that you are only getting a small amount of blue color from the top of the color.

David

Yes I did shake it but I didn’t feel it sloshing around it seems really thick I’m not sure if it’s supposed to be I’ll try to shake it longer thx for the reply

Katherine Swift
        Keymaster

Hi David,

If you are careful, you can pop out the top center plastic (with the hole), then use a stirring utensil to stir the color.

David

I was thinking about that but was worried I’d ruin the bottle I also stored the bottles upside down hoping that would help but I’ll definitely try to pop the top carefully and stir it up thank you so much for ur help

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Castin craft opaque concentrate’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube