Casting Resin Minimum thickness to pour

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Melissa Smith

Hello:
      Your Casting Resin instructions say that 2″ is the maximum pour thickness. What is the minimum pour thickness that will still cure. I’m specifically asking about the Super Clear Casting Resin. Can it be poured as thin as the doming resins (.0625″ thick) and still cure? Will it cure in a 1/16″ thickness?

I had trouble with another brand of casting resin that would not cure in thin layers and later found pour quantity was 1/2″ minimum.

Before using the recently purchased Resin Obsession resins, I need to know the minimum pour quantity of the Super Clear Casting Resin to ensure using the correct resin for the purpose I need.

Thanks for your help!

Melissa

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Melissa,

I’ve poured the resins as thin as 2 to 3 mm and had them cure. After mixing and pouring the minimum, you will need to provide plenty of heat for the resin during the entire process. At least 24 hours (for the super clear resin) and maybe even a little longer. Here’s an easy way to make that happen: https://www.resinobsession.com/resin-resin-resin/how-to-get-your-resin-to-cure-in-cold-weather/

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The topic ‘Casting Resin Minimum thickness to pour’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube