Cells Cells Cells

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Sarah

When I am pouring my resin art, I SOMETIMES get amazingly beautiful, glorious cells. But then they either shrink right down or totally disappear! I’ve been playing around with so many different additives and colorants; alcohol ink, acrylic paint, acrylic ink, tattoo ink, spray paint, alcohol, silicone, mineral oil, Resi-Blast… The most satisfying results have come from liquid silicone and acrylic paint for color so far. But I still can’t get big beautiful cells, especially ones that stick around. Any advise for me would be muchly appreciated <3 <3 <3

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Have you tried adding acetone to your resin? (Use caution as it is flammable.) Just a bit (no more than 10%) to thin down the resin and your colors.

Sarah

Thank you so much for your reply, Katherine! I have used acetone many times and still have the same issue. I wonder if I should be adding acetone to all of my colours? I usually only add it to a few with each pour.
        I’ve also heard about using Floetrol – but I can’t get it where I live and assume it does the same this as acetone.

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

I have done a little bit of experimenting with acetone and felt like I got the best results with the ‘on top’ colors instead of all of my colors. Are you using a heat source at any point to help you?

I haven’t used Floetrol with resin. I see a lot of the acrylic painters use it in their work, but I haven’t tried it with resin.

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

This article explains how to get cells in resin: https://www.resinobsession.com/resin-art/how-to-get-cells-in-resin/

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Cells Cells Cells’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube