Cloth is scratching the resin when cleaning

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Clare

Project: Adhearing recycled glass to a glass pane with Epoxy (use it as a glue). After that cures I pour Epoxy over the piece and allow it to cure as a second layer.
      Resin used: ArtResin. I followed instructions and mixed slowly for 3 minutes while scraping sides and mixing stick.
      Problem: I’ve allowed people to touch it which accumulated a couple finger prints and tiny pieces of lint. I used a microfiber (supposed to be lintless) cloth and dampened it. I very lightly buffed the area and it still left a couple scratches.
      Question: Is this normal? When I leave a piece in a drawer or on a table, it will inevitably accumulate some amount of dust. How should I clean it? Or was the Epoxy for that particular piece mixed wrong or something? Should it not be soft enough for that to happen? Thank you for your time!

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Clare,

I haven’t worked with ArtResin, so I don’t know how hard it cures. In general though, a baby wipe works well to clean without leaving scratches. That’s what I would try next.

Clare

Oops, sorry – that wasn’t the ArtResin piece. I used 3 different brands to compare, this was the Resin Obsession one. In any case, thanks for the suggestion! Would you also suggest if there is a scratch, to pour a second coat maybe?

Katherine Swift
        Keymaster

I think a another pour always works best if it’s possible.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Cloth is scratching the resin when cleaning’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube