create prop drinks and spills

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Lindsay

I’m trying to determine if I’ll need both types of resin (doming and casting) to create smaller cups of liquid (6 inch glass container some with fake ice-cubes some without) and honey spills. (wooden honey spool with small amount of faux honey pooled on and around it.) Or if I can get away with sticking to just one for both projects.
      I’m worried the thinner texture and longer work time of the casting resin will make the spills/pools too challenging and if the thicker texture of the doming resin will require layering and extra labor for creating the beverages in glasses.

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Lindsay,

You are on the right track! I would use both — casting for the glasses — and doming for the spills — for a project like this.

Anne

Why couldn’t you just use a real glass and then hold on to your resin until it gets thick enough to put it into the glass and then actually tip it over onto either a silicone pad, parchment paper, or vinyl sheet? Once totally dry you should have the realism.

Shannon

Ok, this was a total accident and o haven’t played with it since it happened, BUT- I added spots of colored UV resin to an epoxy resin brain that had cured, put it under The uv lamp and forgot about it… an hour or more later, remembered and the brain had started to melt! Also, look for Sophie and toffee and also kitsune crafts on insta, one of them (forget which) has a recent sub box that was this exact project, plus boba teas!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The topic ‘create prop drinks and spills’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube