Creating a resin and photo collage for outside

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

This question comes from Jean:

My husband died and I want to seal a photo in resin and leave it on the grave. It will be in the weather. Wood will warp. What do you suggest to seal inkjet photo in resin? I havew as many copies as it takes until I get this right. All the DIY I saw say put phoo on plywood but I believe this would warp when it get we. I would like to do 3 photo together in a row baby middle and old. Suggestions PLEASE resin is on the way already ordered.

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Jean,

I’m terribly sorry for your loss. If I were to attempt this project, I would use stone. You are right in that wood will warp. Metal isn’t a good choice either because it will act like a heat sink and get quite hot in the sun. Depending on the resin you intend to use, it may even warp or melt when in contact with the metal. Stone shouldn’t get as hot as metal but will retain its shape. Perhaps there is a granite shop close to you that has some scrap pieces you can work with?

You should also be aware that in the bright sunlight, the resin will yellow. How quickly is difficult to predict however. Just know that at some point you may need to redo the project.

jean

thanks for the information. makes sense.I will find stone or ceramic tile

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Creating a resin and photo collage for outside’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube