curing issues with new product

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Aaron Cooper

Hi there. Thanks for this website. I am not new to the expoxy seen, but not veteren (about 3 years) I have had two issues recently I can’t put a finger on. I ;o been working on tumblers, using a turner.
      #1. Two Cups came out wavy. On one the finish was very uneven, the other was almost like a honeycomb, where it clumped in some spots and nothing in others.
      #2, Two cups that 12 hours on the turner still haven’t curred, one still dripping. For these I dropped alcohol ink into the epoxy as it turned. I really don’t think that I messed up the 50/50 mixture. But that would explain it. Could too much alcohol ink cause this?

This was the first time using a new product. I have always used “Amazing Casting Products” in the past, but this was “bloombee”.
      With issues with the first 4 cups I have used the Bloombee, I think I will wait for the the Amazing Casting product before moving forward. Unless you have any ideas? I am planning on sanding these down and trying again.

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Aaron,

I’m sorry this is happening to you. I’m not familiar with the Bloomsbee product, but it sounds like waiting on the Alumilite resin is a better option.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The topic ‘curing issues with new product’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube