dandelions spheres and paperwieghts

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Katherine Swift

Hi Mike,

Yes, resin can be fussy.  Do you have any pictures you can attach showing the problems youre having?

As for bails, I would suggest a screw eye bail.  Heres an example:  https://www.resinobsession.com/ItemPage/5745/Screw-Eye-Attachments-Silver-QTY-20.html  It may not be large enough, but it gives you an idea of what you can do. 

mike

I have been casting dandelions in spheres using a product called craft smart liquid gloss and find it fairly good to work with though a bit inconsistant. I use a silicon mould that encapsulates the whole dandelion seed head the resin is two part mix 50%-50% it does not say on the bottles if it is epoxy or acrylic or whatever. I have made a few spheres that look great no bubbles and no sticky finishes they look polished right out of the mould but this is not always the case and I always follow the same procedure. I am hoping someone may have advise for better product for my project or is all resin just finike and tempramental. I would also like to how to get the things you attach to the spheres so you can make a necklace I do not even know what they are called. I have seen some very plain ones that look like a hook you hang a picture on I have also seen some very fancy ones with fine detail I much prefer the later. Any help is very much appreciated thank you. regards.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The topic ‘dandelions spheres and paperwieghts’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube