desperate to achieve a mold

Home Page Forums Molds and moldmaking desperate to achieve a mold

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      phil

hello,

I use gedeo resin (clear crytal jade color)
      first I used plastic as a mold, the resin sticks to it but at least the result is transparent
      I tried latex, the resin fusioned with it, just terrible
      now I made an expensive mold with silicon and the reult is blurred, I cant see through it
      (the only thing that could have messed it up is that I used an demold spray, and I am afraid it fusioned with the resin)

any one can help me ?

appreciate

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Phil,

The first think I need to know is what are you trying to accomplish? I see a few problems here that could be addressed, but I want to make sure I focus on what YOU want to have happen.

phil

storm trooper helmet optics
      transparent so I can see through them
      equivalent of spectacle lenses
      I have redone the cast without the demolding spray, cos as the silicon is quiet clean and seem slick and undamaged, I should get crystal clear results(in theory)

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Yes, I would expect you to. I always recommend using a mold release, but a light mist is plenty. A thick coat might have caused the surface imperfections you experienced previously.

phil

yeah that was it
      but it is hard to have crystal clear see through resin, mine are 3mm lenses, but yet

phil

hi, actualy it did not work

my silicon mold is really clean and slick but it appears the resin solidifies badly and I dont know why

http://i.imgur.com/2ES5pB0.jpg
      http://i.imgur.com/yVCDN6E.jpg

Paul

Well, that’s depressing, I use the same brand as you. Have you tried using plastic with a mould release as this is what I was going to attempt with my first cast.

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hmm. What mold release are you using?

phil

well none, the blurr is in the mass, not the surface

I suspect the temperature of the room, too warm

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

I don’t have any troubleshooting ideas on what could be going on. I would suggest contacting Gedeo resin for their thoughts.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • The topic ‘desperate to achieve a mold’ is closed to new replies.