'Divot' in top of bracelet

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Tereze

I think my mold has an imperfection, I’m getting a little ‘divot’ in the top edge of my bracelets. How can I repair these? Can I apply a bit of resin just to fill the divot? What’s the best way to do this?

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Yes, dotting in a bit of resin and smoothing it out as necessary will correct the divot.

Tereze

So, i tried filling in – the divots were at the edge of the bracelet, and even though I let the resin thicken somewhat, it dripped down the sides of the bracelet. Can I just sand off the drips and polish? Will I be able to keep the bracelet glossy? (These are my very first resin projects, btw!) aside from the divots, they looked great, but now they’re all covered with drips!

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Yes, you can sand off the drips and polish as necessary. This video on our you tube channel will give you some polishing ideas: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wm89lAqDCqo

Tereze

I had to sand a bracelet after repairing a ‘divot’ – the resin propped over the bracelet so I had to sand it away. I used papers from 400 to 1500’and then the novus Polish, but it’s still not as shiny as it was originally. I rubbed olive oil onto the surface – that improved it some – but I can’t seem to get back to that wonderful,high shine! Also, is it me, or is the sanding a long process? I seemed to be at it for hours! Is it possible I didn’t buff enough with the Novus, or didn’t use enough? The finishing seems like a long, painstaking process. Am I doing something wrong, or does is it generally so labor-intensive? Also, somebody recommended diamond glaze. Will this help to restore the shine? Thanks!

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Tereze, I see you have this going on another thread as well. I think there are some good answers over there.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The topic ‘'Divot' in top of bracelet’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube