Doming on Transparencies

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Diane Cransac

I am brand new to resin work and I am having trouble. I am trying to make little charms with transparencies. I have printed my designs and cut them out then placed them on my doming mat, poured the resin and they turned out great. Then I tried to drill the holes in the top and part of the transparency popped off the back. How do I keep this from happening? I am wanting to use these on charm bracelets so they need to be sturdy. Do I drill from the back instead so I am going through the transparency first? Do I coat the back with a second coat of resin after the first sets up? Help 🙁

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Diane,

Why don’t you punch a hole in the transparency first, before doming the resin. Then after the resin has cured, use that hole as the ‘guide’ for drilling through the resin.

Diane Cransac

I had thought of that and that is a great idea, I am afraid it will start coming loose on the edges too. My better half suggested turning them over and doming them on the other side too. I think I will try that. I found an article where a person is using their laser printed transparencies, doming on the printed side and then peeling the transparency off and leaving the image behind! This is exciting for me but I am afraid to do it LOL! I will try though, I think this is going to require a lot of experimentation to get exactly what I want. Thanks for the suggestion!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Doming on Transparencies’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube