Resin Obsession – Resin Art, Crafts & Jewelry Supplies › Forums › Resin Techniques › Dried flower closed up after spraying!
- February 12, 2019 at 2:11 am #31191ArcherGuest
Hey guys, I purchased some professionally dried flowers (the color scheme I needed) for casting some small cabochons and the little gold strawflowers just closed up completely!
Has anyone ever had this happen before, and what can I do to mitigate it?
- February 12, 2019 at 2:12 am #31193ArcherGuest
PS – they closed up after I sprayed them to seal them before casting – sorry I didn’t include that!
- February 12, 2019 at 1:35 pm #31256Katherine SwiftKeymaster
I can’t say I’ve ever had that happen. What did you use to seal them?
- February 12, 2019 at 1:51 pm #31261ArcherGuest
I use a light UV polyurethane spray. It holds color extremely well in the cast but it’s a little heavy – I’m assuming I got the flower too wet. But I’ve NEVER had a professionally dried flower close up on me before.
- February 12, 2019 at 4:17 pm #31271Katherine SwiftKeymaster
Yes, I agree with you. It sounds like the petals got too heavy. I don’t use that spray, but use this one:
https://shop.resinobsession.com/collections/tools-and-supplies/products/castin-craft-gloss-resin-sealer-spray and haven’t experienced that issue.