Drip method yay or nay?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Bec

Hi,
      I use the drip method constantly but have heard some reasons as not to use it, and want to see if they are reasons as to change my style or if I can work around them. I would prefer the later to be true ☺️
      First one is the resin will eventually loosen and fall out? I don’t believe this can happen if you roughen up the bezel, but thought I would check.
      Second is that resin doesn’t have structural integrity when poured into bezels, that it is significantly harder when molded?
      And third is the metal will secret an oil that will change the resin colour eventually?
      Thank you for your help yet again!

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Bec,

I’m not clear on what you mean by the ‘drip method’. Can you tell me more?

Bec

Where you pour resin straight into the bezel. It has been suggested that I cast the shape of the cab to glue into the bezel, but the techniques I use require pouring straight into the bezel. I just need to be sure that those reasons above aren’t going to affect the quality of the resin.
      Thank you

Bec

Oh great, yes I thought this. And I did think I had seen you do a tutorial on it. So the metal doesn’t produce oil that will eventually discolour the resin that is sitting in the bezel? And is it true that resin will set harder in a mold then in the bezel? Will this affect the resin in anyway?
      Thank you!! As always a huge help!

Katherine Swift
        Keymaster

The metal itself won’t do anything to discolor the resin.

As for how hard the resin cures, that’s inherent to the resin, whether it’s used in a mold or bezel.

Bec

Oh thank you so much!
      This is exactly what I thought, but this person was so convincing that my understanding and confidence went out the window.
      Thank you for your knowledge!!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Drip method yay or nay?’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube