Dry epoxy resin safe near face??

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Lola

Hello all!

I have recently been interested in buying a mask that is papermache with a coat of epoxy resign. Paper mache itself is not great for masks as paper and glue with humidity and dampness can cause mold, etc…

However, because it has a coat of epoxy resin, it is supposedly safe from that. Just wondering if epoxy resin itself is safe to be worn for extended periods of time? Especially near the face.

Thanks!

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Lola,

Cured epoxy resin is tolerated well by people. For extra safety though, you could use a food safe resin like the Alumilite Amazing clear cast epoxy. We have it in several sizes (blue box) in our store here:
      https://shop.resinobsession.com/collections/resin/foodsafe

Lola

Thank you! Because the mask is already finished and up or sale, I am not able to request the use of food safe epoxy resin, however I am glad to hear it is safe! When mask wearing, I often use a balaclava for an extra layer anyway, so I should be good.

Thanks again!

Ciera

Hi! I was wondering something similar about skin contact. Im currently using alumilite amazing clear cast and bought a mold to make ear plugs for stretched ears. I’ve been doing som searching and find really mixed results. A lot of people ssy tbey wouldnt recommend it and that it could break down over time and leech chemicals into the skin. Is this true or are these uninformed statements? Or is there a better resin i could choose to use for this project? Thanks in advance!

Katherine Swift
        Keymaster

Hi Ciera,

I’m glad to hear you are concerned about resin safety! It sounds like this is a question for the manufacturer. You can reach their tech support at carol [at] alumilite {dot} com. Please let them know we referred you.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Dry epoxy resin safe near face??’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube