Eco resin starts to wrinkle as curing

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Bec

I have just started using an eco resin for my jewellery which I would like to continue to use. However, I am finding as it starts to cure (which takes a good week) the resin starts to get a wrinkled texture?? Why is this happening? It’s a very slow curing resin so it’s not curing too quick. Please please help! I’m clueless!
      Thanks,
      Bec

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Bec,

Can you link to a picture of what is happening? How does this resin mix?

Bec

Hi Katherine,
      It seems to mix quite well, but I am doing it at night an light is more of a spotlight. Do you think that maybe I am not mixing it correctly? I cant seem to attach an image? How do i send it through?
      Thanks,
      Bec

Bec

Ha, sorry it mixes 100:43 in weight. It’s only happening on the surface of the pendant I’m making. I haven’t had problems with other resins, but I’m wondering if it adding a dandelion that makes the issue. I have used the same resin to make a full shaped crystal and no issues. Same batch of resin as well.
      Thanks,
      Bec

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

This is an epoxy resin, yes?

Bec

Yeah entropy epoxy eco resin.
      I am completely clueless as to why it is doing it. Apart from that there are no bubbles and it is glass clear

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Do you know the recommended minimum and maximum mixing amounts for this resin? I’m wondering if you are mixing too much and it is heating up quickly, causing the wrinkles. I have seen that happen in other resins that got too hot.

Bec

No I don’t know the mixing amounts, do you have any idea of where I could find them? Have tried to look but can’t seem to see anything? I mixed 14g and have no tried mixing a larger amount to see if this makes a difference.
      Thank you,
      Bec

Katherine Swift
        Keymaster

Hi Bec, sometimes that information is in the instructions, but I don’t always find that resin companies include that information with the resin. You can try looking on their website or emailing them for that information.

Bec

Thank you, I will see if I can find out. In the meantime I have experimented with mixing a larger amount to see if that makes a difference.
      Fingers crossed this is the answer!
      Thank you for all your help.
      Bec

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Eco resin starts to wrinkle as curing’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube