Embossed-like(?) Lines

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Aszie

I have no idea how to describe these accurately but when I pour the resin and let them sit for a while, they start to… have these lines? As if they’re popping out of the mold but they don’t have enough power to do so so what happens then is these lines come out and dry with the resin. I have an IG page (@/pastenilla) and posted pictures of it if anyone wants a visual. I wanna know how I can possibly prevent this from happening again since it’s been happening a lot when I do my recent pieces.

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

What kind/brand of resin are you using?

Aszie

Hi! Sorry it took a while to get back. It’s epoxy from a brand here in the PH called DC Fiber and Chemical. The ratio for this is that we have to use 3-5% of the hardener per 100ml (which is kind of restricting?). The results always seem to make the resin have air enter through the sides and push it out of the mold? And ends up being tacky even if I made sure to mix the resin and hardener well. I’m not sure what I’ve been doing wrong

Katherine Swift
        Keymaster

I haven’t heard of this brand of resin, but it sounds like a polyester resin that’s getting too hot. Try using less catalyst when you mix your next batch.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Embossed-like(?) Lines’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube