Epic fail with Pebeo resin gedeo

Resin jewelry making supplies Forums Whoops! Epic fail with Pebeo resin gedeo

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Margo Carr 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Margo Carr

New to resin and resin products, so happy to have found this site! I started doing some small abstract paintings on mirrors using the pebeo oil based paint and then tried to clear coat them with their two part epoxy resin called gedeo. I was very careful in measuring & mixing. My pieces were completed three weeks prior, so I thought they were dry enough, but my clear coat wrinkled and puckered just awfully. It looked like varnish does when it is applied too thickly. I assumed the resin would just cure hard and smooth not form a skin and ripple. What did I do wrong? I can find no way to talk to the manufacturer or any help with this product, would welcome some direction there too.

#8353 Reply

Katherine Swift
    Keymaster

Hi Margo,

Unfortunately, I don’t have any experience with Gedeo resins and cannot make a comment as to why they didn’t work. We do sell TotalCast resin, however, which is designed for what you want to do. https://shop.resinobsession.com/collections/resin/products/totalcast-clear-artwork-resin-70-ounce-kit

I will ask the manufacturer to leave their comments as to what could be going on.

#8354 Reply

Aram Friedrich

Hi there Margo,

The Gedeo material is a very low viscosity casting resin and has curled up and pooled due to surface tension.

I recommend you use MasterCast 1-2-1 as this will give you a thick and uniform clear coating.

#8356 Reply

Margo Carr

Thank you, I’m eager to try something else,but really disappointed in the Gedeo, it was very pricey!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Epic fail with Pebeo resin gedeo
Your information: