Faded flowers

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Sandra

Hi! Am making some flower pendants using dried flowers, but the flowers loose their color as the resin hardens, why? Can one do something about that for next time? Cheers, Sandra

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Sandra,

I’m sorry this is happening to you. Are you sealing the flowers first? We have several articles on how to do that here: https://www.resinobsession.com/tag/drying-flowers/

Seda Gün

I have a problem about flowers’ color changing when the resin curing. I use the flowers for a year I did not have this problem but my flowers turn to yellow in resin for 5 months.I mix resin correcty besides I use new flowers but their color still fade. I use same food colouring and I use same parchments when I painting and making dry the flowers. It can related to used parchments or food colour?

Seda Gün

Seda Gün
      I have a problem about flowers’ color changing when the resin curing. I use the flowers for a year I did not have this problem but my flowers turn to yellow in resin for 5 months.I mix resin correcty besides I use new flowers but their color still fade. I use same food colouring and I use same parchments when I painting and making dry the flowers. It can related to used parchments or food colour? (My flowers are white Queen Anne’s Lace.)

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Seda,

Did you seal the flowers first?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Faded flowers’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube