Film/cloudy/water spots

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Shannon

Hey all!

So happy to finally find some definite answers because we are completely baffled about what’s going on. My best friends and I have a business where we make custom tiles and trivets. We’ve been doing it since january with some great success. Here’s the problem, I’ve been noticing film,cloudy, water spots as of late. Were completely freaking out because we have a huge horror convention that we’re doing in June with a bunch of celebrities and such and we cannot figure out why it’s doing it. We have wiped with alcohol, a lemon mixture, water, the list goes on. We cant sell these to our customers if the first time they set a glass or cooking utensil on one of their brand new tiles it shows something like that. Any advice is appreciated at this point. We refuse to sell crappy things to our customers. We work really hard on these for hours and just need some guidance.

TY so much for your time!
      WessonsCreations

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Shannon,

I’m sorry this is happening to you. This article explains why your resin can be cloudy: https://www.resinobsession.com/resin-frequently-asked-questions/cloudy-resin-why-is-my-resin-cloudy-reasons-for-cloudy-resin/

Shannon

Ty for responding but that’s not what is happening. What is happening is after it is finished drying and such when trying to clean it will get a film or cloudy on top. Or if someone sets a glass on the coaster it looks like water spots show up that just will not go away. That is what we’re trying to figure out what the problem is to fix it.

Shannon

That’s not what happening at all…the film and water spots are showing up after everything is cured. We go to wipe off the coaster but it’s not clear…it has that surface that if someone put their glass on the tile it would ruin the top of the tile with a water ring.

Katherine Swift
        Keymaster

Hi Shannon,

There are several reasons why this could be happening and it can get a little complicated. This sounds like something you should get help from the resin manufacturer about.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Film/cloudy/water spots’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube