Fixing A Log Table

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Margaret Steele

I have a huge log table. This is litterally a log that has been shaped a little to give a more narrow base than top…but a LOG. It has a crack that runs from top to bottom on the outside of the log and run from 1/4 inch deep to 5 inches deep into the log as you to got the top. It is a rather large crack at the top. I would like to fill this with a colored resin that is transparent and with some color fleck or gitter in it. Now…I can turn the log on its side and level but I don’t know what to use to keep the resin in place so it doesn’t spill out across areas I don’t want it too. In short…once this log is turned onto its side I will be looking at a long crater that gets deeper as it travels closer to what is the tables top. So what do I use on both ends of the crater to keep the resin from running out beyond where I want it? What won’t stick to the resin and become an unsightly addition to my log table? Tape…? What?

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Margaret,

Painters tape or masking tape will work for what you want to do. Apply the tape such that the resin will adhere to the sticky side. Once the resin has cured, you can peel off the tape.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The topic ‘Fixing A Log Table’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube