Fixing imperfections in Bangle Bracelets

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Anna.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anna

Hello,

So, I’ve been casting large bangle bracelets with pressed flowers. Unfortunately, there are times when I demold and notice small holes that will expose my inclusions \ flowers. I have purchased bracelets from others and noticed the same. I can tell they patched a few spots. Is there a right way to fix this? I was thinking of patching with resin, I don’t want to waste these otherwise beautiful pieces. If I should recoat the entire bracelet any tips? I’m not sure how you would evenly recoat an entire bangle. I’ve heard of people varnishing their pieces? I use epoxy resin meant for deep casting and do not run across this problem with spheres, cubes etc.
      Thanks,
      Anna

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Anna,

Fixing the patches with resin would be my first choice. You will need to use a doming resin and expect to sand and polish the repaired areas. If you were going to recoat the entire bracelet, here are two ideas on how to do it:

Use a bottle and wax paper: https://www.resinobsession.com/resin-tutorials/decoupage-bracelet-tutorial
      Tray with toothpicks: https://www.resinobsession.com/forums/topic/looking-for-tray-to-help-with-dripping-resin (If you did this, I would put a little bit of wax on the tips of the toothpicks, otherwise, the resin will cement the toothpicks to your bracelet.

If they are little tiny holes, I would patch them as needed. Personally, I would only recoat the entire bracelet if there was a large defect.

Anna

Hi Karen,
      Just wanted to say thanks 🙂 Good ideas and some things I hadn’t thought about before, helpful links

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Fixing imperfections in Bangle Bracelets’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube