Fixing jewelry charm with resin

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Kelsey Bergman

Hello! My boyfriend got me an Alex and Ani bracelet for Christmas and the charm has started peeling and breaking. It’s the Harry Potter Always bracelet. If you haven’t seen it, there’s a charm on the bracelet that says “Always” and there are stars on it and the background looks like a white enamel. The enamel part if lifting around the stars and breaking off. Apparently this is a common problem for people who own this bracelet. I reached out to Alex & Ani and they said there is nothing they can do. If you look at the Amazon reviews of the bracelet there are photos showing what happens(I was going to attach a photo, but can’t figure out a way to do so). I love bracelet and want to keep wearing it without causing more damage. Sooo basically, what I’m wondering is if resin could be applied to the surface of the charm to coat it and prevent it from peeling further. Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Kelsey,

I’m sorry to hear this is happening to you. While I would expect the resin to adhere to the top of the charms, I’m not sure it will stop the peeling if the resin can’t get underneath to act as a glue.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The topic ‘Fixing jewelry charm with resin’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube