Food Safe Resin for Cookie Molds

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Rich

Hi, Katherine,

I was hoping that you would be able to help me find a food safe resin that would allow me to cast my own molds for making springerle cookies, a kind of cookie originally from Switzerland and the south of Germany. The cookie dough is traditionally pressed into a carved wooden mold and then removed and dried overnight before being baked.  

I?m going to make original positives and then resin negatives from the positives. Im looking for a food safe resin that can be colored and stained to look like wood. The idea is that the finished molds would be decorative and useful.

Thanks and Happy New year!

Katherine Swift

Hi Rich,

What a neat idea!

Some molding materials are considered food safe, but you need to investigate it on a case by case basis.  The ones in are store that are food safe are the Alumilite Amazing Mold putty and reusable Composimold. You can find both of them here: https://shop.resinobsession.com/collections/mold-making-materials/food-safe Unfortunately, these materials cannot be colored.

Once you make the molds, designate them as food only and not use it for casting any other resin.

Rich

Thanks, Katherine.

It looks like Ill have to do some more research on this.Ill try to find out what the government regulations are and then see what kind of resins will be safe based on that.
      I have some other projects that Id like to do in resin and the information and products that you have look really helpful.
      Thanks,
      Rich
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Food Safe Resin for Cookie Molds’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube