Glass tile jewelry

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      wanda

I have been making glass tile jewelry with a water-soluble sealer, but am interested to know if resin can be used to seal the back of the photograph which has been adhered to the glass tile. Would I also use resin to attach the photograph or paper to the glass tile? 

Just to be clear, the glass tile is the first layer, a photograph is attached to the back of the glass tile. The back of the photograph then needs to be sealed. I am looking for a more permanent (non-water-soluble) sealer for the back of the photograph. 
      Thanks for your help! 
      Katherine Swift

You can certainly use resin, but it seems like a lot of work!  With the resin, you are going to have to mix a minimum amount in order for the resin to cure.  I cant imagine you would use that much to coat the back of the photographs, so I would expect you would end up wasting a lot of resin.  Have you tried E6000? https://www.resinobsession.com/ItemPage/5884/E-6000-Epoxy-Jewelry-Adhesive-Restricted-shipping.html  You can use a little at a time and dont have to mix two parts first.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The topic ‘Glass tile jewelry’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube