Glow in the dark powder pigment settling

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Brooks

Hi,

I have been using the aqua glow in the dark powder pigment for small molds but the powder is settling in the bottom of the mixing cup and in the bottom of the mold. While pouring the resin it starts to settle in the cup and not all items are equally dispersed with the glow pigment and the ones that have pigment the pigment settles more toward the bottom of the mold. How can I fix this?
      Thank you! 🙂
      Brooks
      Brooks

Also Im using a total of 2 tbsp of resin with .25 tsp and up to .25 tbsp of pigment powder and have settling with all combinations. 

Katherine Swift

Hi Brooks,

A couple of thoughts here:

1.  I have used the glow powders with resin and have not had a problem with them settling out.  I would suggest either using less powder or by mixing some powder with resin on a piece of wax paper, then adding this mixture to your cup of resin.

2.  Are you mixing other powders with the resin?  If so, I would expect there isn’t enough room for all powders to mix thoroughly.  I prefer liquid colorants if I’m also using glow powders.

https://shop.resinobsession.com/collections/colorants/Liquid

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Glow in the dark powder pigment settling’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube