Glueing clear mold together

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Courtney

I am trying to cast a “ufo” shaped mold but I cannot figure out a way I can pour it? Besides doing two sides separately – I will have a print in the center that I would like to remain clear – my question is, is there a way to attach the two sides together so it will remain clear?

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

A five-minute, two-part epoxy will glue the pieces together, but you will see a seam line.

Courtney

Thank you for your response! I don’t mind if the “seam” is showing on the edge, but I need it to be invisible on the front through to the back – in worried I wouldnt be able to achieve this glueing them together as the glue might show! Your site is very helpful Katherine, I can see you put alot of your time into work!

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Thank you. 🙂

If you try this, would you mind letting me know how it goes?

Penny

Also you could use resin to put them together. Resin is the best ‘glue’ around! I use it as glue all the time.

Gina Pierce

Hi, I am new to resin art. I am trying to figure out how to suspend a gold wedding band in the middle of a tumbler. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
      Thank you,
      Gina Pierce

Katherine Swift
        Keymaster

The middle of a tumbler on the outside? I want to be sure I have the right picture in my head before I give you advice.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Glueing clear mold together’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube