glues that won't yellow after being encased in resin

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Pamela

Hi, I have a number of ideas for gluing objects together and then putting them in resin molds, but I’ve heard some glues that normally do not yellow will yellow when encased in (epoxy) resin. Can anyone with experience recommend some glues that stay clear over time?
      Also, 2nd question, I normally don’t use superglue to attach eyepins but recently I needed a quick gift and used it to attach an eyepin into a drilled clear resin pendant and it turned whiteish! Anyone know why (original superglue gel) superglue did this? Was it just this brand or should all superglue be avoided?
      Thanks for advice, hopefully this will be helpful to many of you!

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Pamela,

It has not been my experience that glues yellow when encased in epoxy. I would suggest speaking with the appropriate glue manufacturer about your concern.

In general, I don’t like to use superglue for findings as it turns brittle and may break off. I don’t know why it turned white in this case. The glue I like to use is E6000.

https://shop.resinobsession.com/collections/tools-and-supplies/products/e-6000-epoxy-jewelry-adhesive

Pamela

Thank you, I have been reading good things about super new glue. Has anyone used this under resin and experienced positive or negative yellowing over an extended period of time?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The topic ‘glues that won't yellow after being encased in resin’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube