Heat Resistance

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Don Smith

The problem I have is when placing hot beverage on the surface it leaves and impression of the cup. Can Super Clear Resin be applied over Easycast or another epoxy? Also, can Super Clear be used for a 24″ x 24″ project? Can it be colored?

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Don,

In my opinion, the super clear resin works better than the Easycast for heat resistance. While it will adhere to the EasyCast resin, it is not a doming resin. You will need to create a tape dam around your EasyCast piece before applying the super clear resin, otherwise it will roll off the surface.

I have always had good luck applying one brand of epoxy to another brand’s cured product.

Yes, the super clear resin can be colored and used in large projects, but you should mix no more than three ounces at once. This FAQ on the product may answer other questions you have about it as well: https://www.resinobsession.com/resin-frequently-asked-questions/resin-obsession-super-clear-resin-faq

Gerri Smith

is this super clear good for coasters re; will it cloud with heat

Katherine Swift
        Keymaster

Hi Gerri,

The super clear resin works great for coasters. It is only good for a warm mug, not a hot mug straight from the microwave.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Heat Resistance’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube