HELP FROG in RESIN REPAIR

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Jilly

Hi everyone,

My boss has a trophy, which is a toad encased in resin… a while back this got dropped and the resin was chipped, causing air to get into the toad… obviously mr toad is now a bit mouldy. Ive been tasked with “fixing” mr toad… I’ve done so research and spoken to some people.. all if which tell me that he cannot be repaired, he is mouldy now for life.. which is fine. But i have to at least look like Ive attempted to fix him! So if anyone could recommend any options for just filling in the holes? Could i take the whole trophy and reencase it in a second layer of resin? Or would this effect the opaque-ness of the thing?
      Any help very much appreciated!
      Also looking for someone who could do the job for me 🙂

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Jilly,

Can you link to a picture? That will help me give you the best advice.

Jilly

Hi Katherine,

let me know if this link works..
      Couldn’t think of another way to do it..

https://www.instagram.com/p/BatbY-kBc7M/?taken-by=jillsdarling

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Jilly,

I’m able to see the pictures. Thank you.

Unfortunately, I don’t have good news for you. I don’t know of a way you can fill in the cracks you see around the toad. Likely what has happened is that the crack has allowed air to escape into and around the toad. There isn’t a way for you to get resin up the ‘air tracks’ and next to the toad. You could try some five minute epoxy to go around the areas on the outside to repair those defects if that would help.

Jilly

Thanks so much for your help Katherine,
      So you would not recommend re casting the whole thing in resin?

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

If you are hoping that recasting the entire piece in resin would remove the lines, then no, I would not do it as the lines will still be visible.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The topic ‘HELP FROG in RESIN REPAIR’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube