Help with scratches?

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Jennifer

Can anyone help?
      I’ve had a little break from resin (back to work after furlough) i made 2 coasters aprox 2 months ago- perfectly cured- no problems.

But noticed my niece “swishing” it around the coffee table a while back- the underside is now scratched (like i’ve done a quick scrape with sandpaper)

Any advice on how or why this has happened? I feel like i mixed the resin the correct amount of time (and actually found it a superior quality to another i was using )
      I thought resin was supposed to scratch resistant (when made correctly) but certain i did? Can’t see how i can measure and mix it any more correctly?

Would a too coat on the underside be of any use?

Thanks in advance.

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Jennifer, it might be the resin. Which one did you use?

Jennifer

Thank you for the reply –
      The brand i used is called “dipoxy-2k-700” (From amazon) XoX

Katherine Swift
        Keymaster

Hmm. I’m not familiar with that one. Do you remember if it mixed thick (like honey) or thin (like water)?

Jennifer

Eeer… somewhere inbetween i’d say. I had another brand- that i used 2nd, called “decorrom epoxy resin kit” it is on google in a cute little package with colourful leaves on, i used that one and remember it being much thicker than the dipoxy…and tried doing top coats with the decorrom one- wasn’t succesful- but the dippxy resin one-perfect for a top coat.

Need to buy more as ran out- but if it’s just going to scratch?

Katherine Swift
        Keymaster

Hi Jennifer, it’s been my experience that the thicker the resin, the more likely it is to scratch.

Mariëlla van Dongen

Hi,I had a small scratch on a beautiful Exposy resin jewelry piece. I tried to repair it with Castin art spray but it came out ugly. Is there a way to remove the spray without damaging the resin? I only used a small spray on the spot with the scratch. I hope you can help!
      Thank you.
      Kind regards, Mariëlla

Aura

Hi there,

Im new to resin art and so far my biggest worry is scratches. So i hope someone can explain, what im doing wrong. The coasters dry perfectly fine, im sure im mixing resin in correct ratio, but the surface will scratch so easy 🙁 even i wipe it with microfibre cloth.. any suggestions what im doing wrong or is that normal with resin..?

Shanna

Hello!

We have been making resin art for quite a while but are having issues with our trays. For some reason they scratch easily and if you put anything harder on it like a mug an indentation shows up easily. Not sure what were doing wrong here! Any recommendations? We let it cure for 72 hours and its above 75 degrees.

CB

TFS!

Kavya

Hi!I’m a new to resin art ….my products r not glossy the way it has to be and also gets scratches after sometimes how to avoid them ? I use epoxy epoke 3:1 resin ….

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Kavya,

It sounds like your resin isn’t curing hard enough. This article will give you some things to consider: https://www.resinobsession.com/resin-frequently-asked-questions/why-is-my-resin-bendy/

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Help with scratches?’ is closed to new replies.
close

Wanna hang out? Cool. We love creative people.

Subscribe to blog updates10.2k
Follow on Facebook22.5k
Follow on Pinterest187.9k
Follow on Instagram15.7k
Follow on Youtube73.1k
Subscribe to forum updates