How can I be sure of catalyst measurement for polyester resin?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Deborah

Since epoxy resin is not available in the local stores here in my place, what I have is polyester resin. Searching about how to use it made me intimidated and backed off for a while. I did not start any project yet lest I regret what’m doing. I’m still confused how can I measure my catalyst. the polyester we have here do not have any brands nor wraps around it with instructions. they said the ratio 375 grams of resin to 1 ounce of catalyst is enough, and just don’t place it under. But I would only need small ounces of the mix at a time, since I want to create necklaces. I do not know how to measure the catalyst and I hope someone can help me with this. Thank you so much.
      BTW I’m from the Philippines 🙂

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Deborah,

I’m sorry to hear you don’t have access to epoxy resin. How frustrating!

I wish I had an easy answer for you about using the polyester resin. It may be that this resin is not meant for small mixes/pours and may not cure if mixed in small amounts. Your best bet is to get in touch with the manufacturer for their advice.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The topic ‘How can I be sure of catalyst measurement for polyester resin?’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube